Monthly Archives: September 2011
NEET – PG 2012 Entrance Examination:
• Common syllabus throughout the country
Subject wise allocation of marks:
• In PG entrance examination, distribution of marks would be as per relevance of the subjects, with
clinical subjects carrying more weight age than pre and paraclinical subjects.
Type of Paper/Questions:
• The PG and DM/MCh entrance examination papers would have multiple types of MCQs, namely
single response (Section A – 60%), multiple T/F, images, assertion/reasoning questions and patient
management questions (Section B – 40%).
Generation of questions & preparation of validated question bank:
• In case of PG and DM/ MCh entrance , there will be a single paper of 180 questions of 3 hours
• Each question will carry one mark. There will be negative marking for wrong answer (0.25 marks).
• Questions generated during dedicated workshop sessions would be validated by a second
independent group. A minimum of 2000 questions need to be made in the beginning and this bank can
be gradually increased.
NOTE : THIS IS THE EXACT COPY OF USMLE STEP 1 & 2 EXAMINATION EXCEPT NEGATIVE
Setting of Question Paper:
• In PG and DM/ MCh entrance examination, there will be a single paper of 180 questions of 3 hours
duration. Each question will carry one mark.
Conduct of Examination:
• The PG entrance exam would be conducted at the end of the internship in Mid January- mid
February as is the current practice. In future the common exam will be held at the start of internship
• Candidates who have completed internship or those expecting to complete by March 31, 2012 will be
eligible to take the examination.
• It will be notified in August 2011 with applications collected by September end.
• The admit cards will be dispatched by middle of November 2011.
• The examination will be online type conducted in the middle of January, 2012 and the number of
sessions etc. will be finalized after the feasibility is explored.
• The MD/MS courses will commence from May 2, 2012.
• The candidates aspiring for direct 5-year Neurosurgery and neurology super-specialty or similar
courses will have to take this NEET-PG examination for the courses commencing in August.
• There will be a common paper with 180 MCQs at MBBS standard to be answered in 3 hours.
• Centers would allocated depending on the number of applicants from each region.
• To prevent impersonation biometric data (finger prints, photo and signature) of each candidate
would be collected and matched at the time of admission. This work can be outsourced to agencies
involved in conducting other large scale national level examinations.
• Presently minimum of 50% marks are required by a general candidate and 40% by other categories
• The merit list may be prepared using percentile score and there may not be any cut-off level. Both
all India and state wise lists will be prepared and sent to respective Governments to fill the All-India
and state seats.
• For PG entrance examination, tie break will be resolved by marks in Section B (patient management
questions) and student scoring higher marks will be placed higher. If there is still a tie it will be
resolved by marks in the assertion/reasoning questions.
Online Conduct of Examinations :
• For DM/MCH & PG entrance examination, it may be possible to conduct online examination as the
numbers of candidates are low.
Cost of Examination and fees:
• In PG entrance examination, an application fee of Rs. 3000 would be charged. The cost of conduct of
examination will be approximately Rs. 1000 per student besides cost of generating a question bank
• If online exam is done than the charges may be higher: An application fee of Rs 5000 would be
charged. The cost of examination will be approximately Rs 4000 per student besides cost of
generating a question bank.
1. Only MCI or a body designated by it will be responsible for conduct of the examination and
preparation of national and state merit lists.
2. It may be noted that Jammu and Kashmir and Andhra Pradesh are protected by articles 371A and
371D of Constitution of India respectively (Presidential order). Accordingly, the two states will not be
participating the national pool.
a. BUT THE STATE OF JAMMU & KASHMIR AND ANDHRA PRADESH MAY TAKE PART IN NEET
AND THEIR RESPECTIVE STATE MERIT LISTS, DRAWN FROM NATIONAL MERIT LIST, MAY BE
GIVEN TO THEM FOR FILLING UP THEIR 100% SEATS.
3. An independent examination cell with a controller of examination will need to be to maintain the
components related to confidentiality. Controller of examinations would be full-time senior medical
specialist with experience in MCQ-based examinations and related information technology issues.
a. The examination cell shall be in the premises of MCI with costs of infrastructure development and
maintenance recovered from the examination fee.
b. For software development, a request for proposal (RFP) will be prepared and forwarded to the 3
software companies shortlist during technical evaluation by MCI on an earlier occasion.
4. AIIMS WILL NO LONGER BE EXAM CONDUCTING BODY. (AIIMS professors will be the part
of first NEET-PG 2012 “2000” question bank preparation)
LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST:
Members Of Examination Working Group (For The Very First NEET – PG 2012 “2000
Question Bank Preparation”)
• Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh – 160012 ,
• Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Dhanvantri Nagar,
• Bhopal Memorial Hospital and Research Centre,Bhopal
• Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Raibarelly, Lucknow
• All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110029
• Lady Hardinge Medical College,Shaheed Bhagat Singh Marg, Connaught Place, New Delhi – 110001
• Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), Hyderabad
• S.M.S. Medical College, JLN Marg, Jaipur-302004 (Rajasthan)
FAQ : Will there be any AIIMS , AIPG, PGIMER, JIPMER, STATE PG, PRIVATE MEDICAL
COLLEGE etc.. PG entrance test in year 2012?
ANS : No. There will be only one NEET PG 2012.
FAQ : Will there be DNB-CET 2012?
ANS : No
FAQ : Is it possible to take admission in a Private Medical College (UG or PG) without taking
ANS : IMPOSSIBLE
FAQ : What about Counseling?
• There may be Multiple Counseling according to Both NATIONAL MERIT LIST and STATE WISE LIST.
• A private medical college recognized by State medical council not recognized by MCI will take
admission through respective STATE WISE LIST DRAWN FROM NATIONAL MERIT LIST.
• A Private medical college recognized by MCI may take admission through NATIONAL MERIT LIST.
• DNB may conduct independent centralize Counseling according to NATIONAL MERIT LIST.(but will
not conduct any test)
• Army may conduct independent Counseling according to NATIONAL MERIT LIST.
• Millions start counting yourself.
• Big trauma to the mushroomed coaching institutes.
• Big trauma to the mushroomed various PG entrance exam guide writers.
• NEET is very similar to USMLE.
• For USMLE u need to read books like NMS, BRS, KAPLANS, HIGH YIELD etc.. type of books, which is
written by authentic professors. Not by students…
• NMS is the base book published by USMLE which provide a syllabus and study material in Medical
School in USA. (like NCERT books in secondary Board in India)
• There will be common syllabus & MCI will provide NMS like base books for MBBS & NEET in India in
near future (within 2-3 yrs.) (like NCERT books in secondary Board). That will be your base book and
syllabus for MBBS and NEET.
• Many professors may come up with their own modified and enhanced books based on common
syllabus and base books provided by MCI for MBBS.(same like BRS,KAPLANS, HIGH YIELD etc..)
Ref: 1. http://www.mciindia.org/
3. MCI Members
Youth Empowerment and Skills WorkshopA powerful life-skills program, that charges the youth with a fresh breath of vigor, enthusiasm, excellence and responsibility. YES!+ enables you to absorb the freshness, the repose and all the positivity around you, and helps you discharge stress, inhibitions, bad habits, and barriers.YES!+ is a brilliant mix of antiquity and the contemporary. It is a smooth blend of ancient wisdom, yoga, pranayama breath control, and meditation, fused with contemporary intellectual exchanges, music and games. And of-course it includes Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s powerful and famous breathing technique, the Sudarshan Kriya. via Youth Empowerment Seminar Plus | Course for Youngsters | The Art of Living.
The is Yes Plus course organized in our college by Ms. Nanda Madam under the guidance of Dr. Patil madam form the OBS dept.. So if any one interested in the course contact Dr. Patil mam you can collect the form for the submission from her. Following are the details about the events.
Date: From 6th October onwards for 5 days
Time: Everyday from 8 am to 12 am
Fees: One time fee 1000/- INR.
N.B.:- This fees is a one time fee and is to be paid for once which will enable you for all the future courses for the n number of times(For the YES + course only.)
Any one interested please contact Dr. Patil madam. Limited entries appox. 60 as said by mam. 🙂
Extra paeds lectures which are held in between exams of Dr. Meshram sir are postponed till 7th of september. So concentrate on exams now.
All ABCD batchs have to give extra exams after prelims for sixth term. Might be on 4 or 5 th september.
An Official notice form the mci.
NEET-PG: The common entrance test (CET) for admission to Medical Post-graduate Courses across the country i.e. National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for Medical Postgraduate Courses – MD/MS/Diploma (NEET-PG ) shall be held in Jan-Feb 2012 for admissions in the academic year 2012-2013. The syllabus is that of MBBS described in the MCI Regulations on Graduate Medical Education, 1997. The multiple choice questions (MCQs) would be based on the MBBS syllabus as well as the knowledge that needs to be acquired during internship which is also described in the said Regulations. The distribution of questions, model questions and method of tie breaking for ranking would be placed on the website in the due course.
Congrates to our batch for grabbing lot of prizes. We(07 batch) won 2 prizes in group dance.
Finally we got our signs from all department. Cheer up for prelims now.
Tatwa, a band from GMC MusicalSociety is presenting its performance. Be there all music lovers.
Venue: GMC Audi
It is a free mobile sms service just like prepgmedicos and pulseofmedicose started by our college’s student Ameya who will sending mcqs on this channel.
Send ON MEDICALPGO
The quiz is won by Sachin Arora and Dheeraj Agrawal bhau. Congrates to them as well as to 08 Batch for successful completion of the quiz.